- Grade 12 or OSSD Equivalent
- Mature Student with Wonderlic SLE min. cut score minimum 14 on test
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): As a student in this on-campus program, you will require a mobile computing device that meets the specifications outlined by your program
- Textbook: Therapeutic Communication for Health Care Professionals 4th Edition Nelson Publishing 2017
Recreation Therapy Assessment Human Kinetics Canada Publishing 2020 (Chapter 4)
Course Fees: $485.00
Other Compulsory Fees: Inclusive
Course Hours: 60 Hours
Course Intake: Every Monday
Department: PT – Continuing Education
In this subject, students will learn the art of how to communicate effectively, ease patient anxiety, increase compliance, and enhance health care interactions. Students will also learn both the good and bad responses caregivers can provide in stressful situation, as well as techniques for improving their skills.
North Bay Campus or Online – www.nativetc.com
- Therapeutic Communication
- Multicultural Therapeutic Communication
- Therapeutic Communication in Complementary Medicine
- The Helping Interview
- The Therapeutic Response with Older Adults
- Documentation of Health Outcomes in Recreational Therapy
DOCUMENTATION: Student understands the importance of communicating assessment, intervention plan, and client progress to a client, caregiver(s), and relevant professional colleagues/stakeholders.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPROFESSIONAL COLLABORATION: Student understands how to communicate effectively with clients, key stakeholders and professionals to collaborate and coordinate services.