Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
RT-BC Carbon North Safety Induction
This course presents the different operations of the Carbon North Area and the applicable safety measures.
All contractor employees accessing the Carbon North Area.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the key areas within the Carbon North area
• Describe the critical risks and the corresponding control measures in the Carbon North area
• Explain the processes followed at the Anode Baking Furnace (ABF), Fume Treatment Centre (FTC), Anode Rodding Shop (ARS), Bath Treatment (BT) and Carbon Recycling areas
• List the rules followed at the ABF, FTC and ARS areas
• Identify the ABF and ARS area-specific personal protective equipment (PPE)
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Interactive e-learning presentation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 100%
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
Rio Tinto BC Works, Atlantic Operations, Aluminium