Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
Airways are threatened when the air contains pollutant particles in the form of dust, gas, smoke or biological contaminants or when the environment lacks oxygen. Through this online training, the worker will understand the importance of using respiratory protection to preserve the respiratory tract and overall health.
Anyone wearing respiratory protection as part of their duties (e.g.: a painter).
• Explain what a respirator is
• Identify hazardous environments
• Explain the difference: air purifying vs. air supply respirators, loose-fitting vs. tight-fitting respirators
• Explain the proper use of respirators in the hierarchy of controls
• Identify three factors to consider when selecting the proper respirator
• Explain assigned protection factor
• Explain cleaning, inspection, maintenance and storage procedures and their importance
• Explain the employee’s responsibility for safe respirator use
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Training based on high-quality, realistic 3D simulations that allow learners to clearly visualize risk situations and applicable solutions. Many interactions are included throughout the course to ensure the learners’ participation and understanding.
Duration: 30 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 85%
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
Alcoa Canada Cie
Aluminerie de Deschambault (ADQ)
ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
Elkem Métal Canada Inc.
Glencore – Mine Raglan
Glencore Affinerie CCR
Glencore Canada Corporation (Horne)
Quebec Iron Ore inc. (Minerai de fer Québec inc.)
Rio Tinto – 2028 Mellon
Rio Tinto – Alma
Rio Tinto – Beauharnois
Rio Tinto – Complexe Jonquière
Rio Tinto – CRDA
Rio Tinto – Dubuc
Rio Tinto – Grande-Baie
Rio Tinto – Installations Portuaires
Rio Tinto – Laterrière
Rio Tinto – Énergie Électrique/Manoir
Rio Tinto Aluminum