Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
It is not unusual that fires in the workplace occur during the execution of a quick five-minutes task in an area which is not suitable for welding and cutting. The Hot Work e-learning is a dynamic and interactive training that can be carried out with your web browser 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without any supervision.
Any person who performs welding work or another activity involving risks of fire.
This training is not yet recognized by all client corporations.
- Understand phenomena associated with fire:
◦ How and why it is triggered
◦ How it travels
- Understand the importance of fire prevention as well as the legal and regulatory requirements applicable
◦ Situations presenting risks during hot work
◦ Prevention treatment associated to hot work
- Identify the appropriate individual protection equipment for main work
- Familiarize yourself with procedures and documentation applicable to hot work
- Avoid any fire!
A reference guide can be downloaded and printed once the exam is successfully completed.
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Interactive e-learning presentation
Duration: 30 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 80%
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
Alcoa Canada Cie
Aluminerie de Deschambault (ADQ)
ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
ArcelorMittal Mining Canada G.P.
Elkem Métal Canada Inc.
Glencore – Mine Raglan
Glencore Affinerie CCR
Glencore Canada Corporation (Horne)
Les Emballages Knowlton Packaging Inc.
Quebec Iron Ore inc. (Minerai de fer Québec inc.)