What computer requirements do I need for courses which use a computer-based delivery mode?
You will need regular access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended for the optimal learning experience. Some courses have more advanced system requirements.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Individual courses may have additional software requirements. This may include video or audio playing software or a specific software application.
- Most courses require word processing software
- In some instances, it may be necessary for some users to upgrade their Flash or Java versions. Technical assistance is available.
Depending on the learning management system being used to deliver your course, you may access and interact with most course elements, readings, multimedia, email and discussions though tablets and smartphones. While tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may allow for some completion of coursework, they are not guaranteed to work in all areas. Please ensure you have a PC or Mac based computer available to complete course work.
We recommend that students do not attempt quizzes when using a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, due to compatibility issues.
A graphical browser is required. In some instances, it may be necessary for some users to upgrade their web browser programs. Technical assistance is available.
Depending on the learning management system being used to deliver your course, you may be assigned an email account that is accessed within your course or you may be required to use your personal email account.