- Grade 12 or OSSD Equivalent
- Mature Student with Wonderlic SLE min. cut score minimum 14 on test
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): As a student in this on-campus program, you will require a mobile computing device that meets the specifications outlined by your program
- Textbook: 100% Job Search Success, 4th Edition 2018 Nelson Publishing
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK FOR THERAPEUTIC RECREATION 2015
Course Fees: $485.00
Other Compulsory Fees: Inclusive
Course Hours: 90 Hours
Course Intake: Every Monday
Department: PT – Continuing Education
In this subject, students will learn the importance of practicing in a safe ethical manner in the scope of practice of accountability in the recreation therapy profession. Students will also learn the essentials tools of job search and the value of continuous learning that supports professional and skill development.
North Bay Campus or Online – www.nativetc.com
1. Therapeutic Recreation Defined
2. The Purpose of Therapeutic Recreation (TR)
3. What Do TR Professionals Do?
4. TR Professionals Use Recreation and Leisure to Help People to:
5. Where Do TR Professionals Work?
6. The role of a Recreational Therapist:
7. The role description for a Recreation Therapy Assistant
8. Industry and Jon Research
9. Goals, Self-Assessment, and Transferable Skills
10. Resume and Cover Letter Development
11. Developing a Professional Portfolio
12. Professionalism in the Job Search
13. Successful Interviewing
14. After the Interview
15. Ongoing Professional Development Activities
PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Student understands the importance of practicing in a safe and ethical manner.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Student understands the value of continuous learning that supports professional practice and skill development.