Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
The number of “stupid” accidents that result from slipping, tripping or losing balance is amazing and worrisome, especially since they can sometimes have serious consequences. This online training addresses the main causes of falls, slips and loss of balance, as well as ways to prevent them.
• Define “slips,” “trips” and “falls”
• Identify common causes of slips, trips and falls
• Identify ways to avoid slips, trips and falls, including proper housekeeping procedures
• List tips for walking on slippery surfaces, on stairs and in bad weather
• List proper procedures for the use, placement and care of ladders
• Describe steps to take when a slip, trip, or fall hazard has been identified
• Describe first aid steps for slip, trip, and fall injuries
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Training based on high-quality, realistic 3D simulations that allow learners to clearly visualize risk situations and applicable solutions. Many interactions are included throughout the course to ensure the learners’ participation and understanding.
Duration: 30 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 85%
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
Elkem Métal Canada Inc.
Quebec Iron Ore inc. (Minerai de fer Québec inc.)