Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
Fire Extinguisher Safety
Not all fire extinguishers are the same. Using the wrong extinguisher can not only be ineffective, but can, in some cases, aggravate a situation. This training covers the types of fire extinguishers, as well as how to use them and maintain their good condition.
Any worker who is likely to use a fire extinguisher.
• Identify and describe the elements of the fire tetrahedron
• Differentiate between the classifications of fire
• Describe the basics of how a fire extinguisher works
• Differentiate between the types of fire extinguishers
• Describe the rating system used for fire extinguishers
• Indicate when to use a fire extinguisher
• List the steps for using a portable fire extinguisher
• Understand when to evacuate in case of fire
• Describe proper fire extinguisher maintenance
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Training based on high-quality, realistic 3D simulations that allow learners to clearly visualize risk situations and applicable solutions. Many interactions are included throughout the course to ensure the learners’ participation and understanding.
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
Duration: 45 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 85%
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
Elkem Métal Canada Inc.
Glencore – Mine Raglan
Quebec Iron Ore inc. (Minerai de fer Québec inc.)
Rio Tinto – 2028 Mellon
Rio Tinto – Alma
Rio Tinto – Beauharnois
Rio Tinto – Complexe Jonquière
Rio Tinto – CRDA
Rio Tinto – Dubuc
Rio Tinto – Grande-Baie
Rio Tinto – Installations Portuaires
Rio Tinto – Laterrière
Rio Tinto – Énergie Électrique/Manoir
Rio Tinto Aluminum