Native Education & Training College
Of Business, Healthcare,
Human Services & Technology
147 McIntyre St. W., Suite 101, North Bay, ON P1B 2Y5
Toll Free: 1.800.267.2577 Fax: 705.497.7839
Any worker who is exposed to sources of electrical power is at risk. Aren’t electric shocks harmless? Perhaps, but the force and heat produced by an electric arc can damage and destroy human tissue. Through this online training, workers will be informed of potential risks which may arise in the course of their duties and of prevention measures they should implement.
Any workers exposed to electrical hazards.
• Electrical hazards overview
• Electrical injuries including shocks, burns, electrocutions and falls
• Electrical fires
• Ground fault circuit interrupters
• Recognizing, evaluating, and controlling electrical hazards
• Personal protective equipment
• Regulatory requirements for working on electrical equipment
• Define “arc flash”
• List the dangers of an arc flash
• Identify common factors that increase the likelihood of an arc flash occurring
• Describe risk assessment and control methods
• Describe the basis for determining an arc flash boundary
• Describe requirements for choosing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• List requirements for arc flash warning signs and labels
• List common lockout/tagout procedures
Course Content/ Educational Approach
Training based on high-quality, realistic 3D simulations that allow learners to clearly visualize risk situations and applicable solutions. Many interactions are included throughout the course to ensure the learners’ participation and understanding.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Evaluation: Built-in exam
Passing Score: 85%
Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.
This training is recognized by the following client corporations:
ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
Elkem Métal Canada Inc.
Glencore – Mine Raglan
Glencore Canada Corporation (Horne)
Quebec Iron Ore inc. (Minerai de fer Québec inc.)